Capital Gains Tax
Contact us to arrange a no obligation first meeting.
Capital Gains Tax ReliefsAmong the reliefs & exemptions that can be availed of in relation to Capital Gains Tax, are:
- Relief for the cost of the asset & the cost of disposal of the asset.
- Loss Relief - any Capital Gains Tax losses in the year of disposal or unused from previous years.
- Losses incurred by your Spouse
- Principal private residence relief – Sale of your home.
- Retirement relief on the sale of a Business or for sale of shareholdings in family run company – Current limit is €750,000.
- Relief on the disposal of a business or shares in a family company, to a child – no limit.
- Relief on the transfer of assets from a Sole Trader to a Limited company on incorporation.
- Relief on Transfer of Assets between spouses when living together.